OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
THE INFORMATION WE AMASS
- First name and Last name
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Company Information:
THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information, i.e. Personal Data, submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Personalizing our website tools and/or databases for you;
- Enabling your use of the Service;
- Supplying the Service to you;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you product and company related communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Providing information to our Processor;
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Service;
- Keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the Service; and other uses, which may be added hereto.
OUR POSITION ON DATA SECURITY
Your Personal Data may be collected and/or used by us as a “Controller” as such term is defined in the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 (“NDPR”), or our “data administrator” designee, which is also defined within the NDPR. A “Controller” is a person or entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. As such, we will endeavour to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that such processing activities, if any, protect your privacy. A “Data Administrator” stores or maintains data on behalf of a Controller, but does not decide which items of personal data are going to be stored, or how that data is used.
Whether as a Controller or Data Administrator, we will adhere to the following data protection (privacy) principles –
Personal Data will be processed lawfully, fairly and plainly. Upon request, we will be clear and transparent about how your personal data is going to be processed, by whom and why. Personal Data will be collected only for specific legitimate purposes, and it will be relevant and limited to that which is necessary. Provided that you communicate to us updated information, we will keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. We will only store it for so long as is
necessary, and we will ensure appropriate security, integrity and confidentiality against unauthorized processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
In the event of any data breach, you will be notified without undue delay and, in no event, later than 72 hours of our discovery of any such breach, including whether we believe there is any risk to your rights and freedoms (e.g., identity theft and personal safety). Other than in circumstances where the data breach is unlikely to result in any harm to you. In the event of a breach, you will be notified of:
- A description of the data breach, including the number of data subjects affected and the categories of data affected;
- The name and contact details of our privacy personnel;
- The likely consequences of the data breach; and
- Any measures taken to remedy or mitigate the breach. We may be exempt from such reporting if the risk of harm is remote because the affected data are protected (e.g., through strong encryption), we have taken measures to protect against the harm (e.g., suspending affected accounts), or the notification requires disproportionate effort (in which case a public notice of the breach is required). We will keep records of all data breaches, including the facts and effect of the breach and remedial action taken.
Your personal information remains your property at all times, subject to the permissive uses granted here under.
WE COMMUNICATE HONESTLY AND OPENLY
When you use our website and you share some information with us — it’s our responsibility to help you understand how that information is used. Our privacy explains how we collect, use, and share information.
WE DESIGN WITH PRIVACY IN MIND
New features go through an intense privacy review process — we talk about things, we debate them, and we work hard to build services we’re proud of and that we will want to use.
Copyright © Ashipa Electric Limited. All Rights Reserved.